We cover domestic and commercial electrical installation, service, maintenance and repair.

We cover residential properties including houses, flats, bungalows, apartments and more as well as commercial properties including shops, offices, schools, colleges, trade units and more. Our prime area is Rainhill, Runcorn, Widnes and Cheshire, however, with our commitment to quality and service, word of mouth is spreading and resulting in us travelling further a field in the north west of England.

Our services include:


  • Electrical Installation Certificates
  • Minor Works Certificates
  • EICR - Electrical Installation Condition Report
  • Fault finding
  • Landlord Certificates
  • EPC Certificates
  • Installations & Services

  • Consumer unit & fuse box uprgrade or replacement
  • New build, extensions, conversions etc
  • Earthing & Bonding
  • Rewire & Partial Rewire
  • LED Lighting Specialist
  • Solar PV
  • Power for outbuildings, garden pods etc
  • Kitchen & bathrooms (special locations)
  • Sockets, lighting, cooking, heating, ventilation, data & communications, alarms, fire detection, CCTV, aerial, satellite, TV, home automation, adaptations
  • Design & Consultation

  • Full design & Consultation service for your electrical installation
  • Benefits of using a Competent Registered Electrician

    By using us as your electrician or electrical contractor you have that extra peace of mind that you are using a company registered with a government-approved scheme (England and Wales) to undertake electrical installation work in your home which provides you with the assurance that:

  • We work to the British Standard for electrical safety (BS 7671).
  • We meet strict entry requirements, which take account of qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and insurance policies.
  • Our work is regularly assessed by a Government-approved Scheme Operator to ensure our competence and that it meets the correct standards.
  • We will give you a BS7671 certificate to confirm that our work has been designed, inspected and tested in line with the BS7671 electrical safety standard. If the work is Part P notifiable, we will also arrange a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate to confirm compliance with Building Regulations, which should be issued to you by our Scheme Operator within 30 days of the completion of the installation.
  • We are permitted to self-certify our work against the Building Regulations, saving you the need to notify the work with your Local Authority Building Control department.
  • We have valid insurance policies in place, including Public Liability Insurance.
  • We have been authorised by Government to self-certify that our work is compliant with Building Regulations.
  • We understand that not everybody is an electrician, that’s why we offer jargon free friendly advice and try to simplify, where possible, any electrical or technical information we provide.

    What do I need to do if I wish to have electrical installation work carried out in my home?
    All electrical work in the home, in England, must comply with Part P of the Building Regulations. In addition, those items described as notifiable below are required by law to have a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate.

    What is Part P of the Building Regulations?

    Since 2005, all electrical work in dwellings in England and Wales, whether carried out professionally or as DIY, must meet the requirements of Part P of the Building Regulations.

    Part P is in place to keep you and your family as safe as possible from electrical hazards, and applies to new domestic properties, as well as any alterations or additions to electrical installations in existing properties, including full or partial rewires.

    Who is responsible for making sure that electrical work in your home meets the requirements of Part P?

    By law, the homeowner or landlord must be able to prove that all electrical installation work on their property meets the requirements of Part P, or they will be committing a criminal offence.

    Local authorities have the power to make homeowners or landlords remove or alter any work that does not meet the requirements of the Building Regulations.


    What electrical work is notifiable in England?

    Electrical work which requires notification differs between England and Wales. Additional changes were introduced to Part P in England in April 2013. This means that electrical work in a dwelling, or associated with its surroundings, is notifiable to a local building control body where it includes:

  • circuit alteration or addition in a special location,*
  • installation of one or more new circuits,
  • installation of a replacement consumer unit (fuse box),
  • rewire of all circuits,
  • partial rewire; or
  • new full electrical installation (new build).
  • * Certain zones within a room containing a bath or shower, or a room containing a swimming pool or sauna heater.

    It is strongly recommended that you employ an electrical installer who is registered with one of the government approved scheme operators like Napit, Elecsa, Stromer, Nic. This is the only way in which you can be sure of employing someone who has had their domestic electrical competence verified and is authorised under the regulations to arrange for you to be issued with the Building Regulations Compliance Certificate.

    There are other ways of complying with the Building Regulations 2010, but these do not verify the competence of the electrical installer and they involve making a further payment for electrical work to be inspected. The most common route for home owners to do this is by informing the Building Control department of your local authority before the work commences. If you determine that the work is not subject to notification under Building Regulations 2010, we strongly recommend that you use a competent, registered electrical installer for safety reasons.

    Before carrying out any significant work for you, we will send an electrician to your property for a consultation, to help us find out your exact requirements and then we can provide you with the skills and expertise needed to make you into another happy satisfied customer.

    Get a Quote

    Rainhill Home Improvements And Energy Service offer quality, reliability, professional and affordable service for all types of interior and exterior electrical design, installation, inspection and testing services. Based in Rainhill, we cover all the surrounding areas across Merseyside and Cheshire. Contact us for a free no obligation quote.



    RHIAES is a Part P Electrical Safety registered electrician
    RHIAES is a City & Guilds qualified electrician
    RHIAES is a Registered Competent Person
    RHIAES is a NAPIT registered electrician